
We have had a lovely weekend so far. Friday night we went to a restaurant called the Old Bore at Rishworth. Its a place I pass twice a day but we have never been in. I took this photo on the way home from work on Friday...

...then when we arrived at 7.30pm I took a few more photos-bit blurred but I think you can tell it's decorated like an old Scottish Hunting Lodge.

The menu is excellent and the service is also very good. We had a really lovely evening.

Now this meal was our Valentine meal. We always try to go out for a meal around valentines day, usually not on the day itself.

Saturday I went to my friends to bake chocolate chip cookies with her and her two daughters aged 7 and 10.

We did have a fun day, lots of licking of fingers and excited waiting for the cookies to bake. The girls all chocolated up, then went to play upstairs while we had a glass of wine and a good chat.

Today started sunny and I plan to do a bit in the garden and tonight we are going to see Sherlock Holmes at the cinema. Hubby bought me a card and a lovely felted purse with a heart on it from the Royal Exchange Craft shop in Manchester, am I not a Lucky Lady? I know Valentines day is not for everyone and I wish all my readers a happy day what ever they are doing today.

It is apt today the sun is shinning because I have received this lovely Sunshine Blog award from Bad Penny over at The Hen House. It makes me smile. I would like to pass this on to a few people new to me. They may want to pass it on to someone else or they may not, either way please pop over to see their lovely blogs by clicking on their name.
Donna
Felted House
Middle Cottage Diary
A Homely Heroine
Thimble Fingers
Thanks so much Lyn! I've not had one of these before. It's made my day! Looks like you've had a lovely weekend. I have to.... not had time to post yet though! Oscar has taken over since Friday. Will try to post one or two pics later. Enjoy the rest of the day..... and half-term, hooray! Ros
ReplyDeleteHi Lyn, hope you and Oliver are having a great Valentine's Day! xxxx
ReplyDeleteYour weekend looks lovely Lyn. I bet the girls were thrilled with their cookies. Lucy is looking very pensive! I hope the day remains sunny for you.x
ReplyDeleteSounds like a great weekend - hope you enjoy the film and have a great Valentine's Day:)
ReplyDeleteThank you so much Lyn - makes me smile too because of the lovely bright colours, just what we need in this continuing greyness! xx
ReplyDeleteThanks for the award Lyn, even after my almost miserable post about Friday! Looks like you are having a great weekend, hope it continues.
ReplyDeleteOoh, it's great to read that you had such a lovely Valentine's meal. Those cookies look rather delicious. Would you be able to point me inn the direction of the recipe? Emma x
ReplyDeletethanks lyn, so sweet of you and it makes me smile too! sounds like a lovely weekend, i second that request for the cookie recipe x
ReplyDeleteAny excuse for a Love-In - thats what I say. Glad you have had a great weekend. xx
ReplyDeleteYummy looking cookies!!
ReplyDelete(P.S i moved blogs now please come follow my new blog :) )
Lyn,
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like you had a wonderful Valentine's celebration. The restaurant looks inviting and the homemade cookies look awesome. I too love chocolate and a good red wine. Nothing better.
Donna
Happy Valentines Day!
ReplyDeleteThanks so much Lynn ... that's made my day.
ReplyDeleteThe chocolate chip cookies make me want to raid the baking cupboard for chocolate melts ... yummy!!!!
Sounds like you had a lovely weekend, Lyn. The homemade biscuits do look yummy!
ReplyDeleteglad youhad a good weekend - the cookies look great
ReplyDeleteI love the photo of the Old Bore with the trees above it. Also the pretty kitty photo - I am partial to gray tabbies! Sounds like a great weekend, Lyn. So happy for you!
ReplyDeleteHappy Valentine's weeK!
Love,
Judy xxx
A meal out and chocolate cookies!!! MMmmmmmmm!
ReplyDeleteLove love love the pic of puss!!
ReplyDeleteHi Lyn,I have an award for you,go and visit my blog!
ReplyDeleteHave a lovely day.
Love,Annalisa
Awww....You have such a Darling kitty =^.^=
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the well-deserved award xxx