Sunday, 29 November 2009

A pause in Advent


I am joining Floss in A pause in Advent.

The first candle to be lit at Advent is for HOPE.

Now I have to say I am an eternal Optimist and I hope that one day my time on this earth will be for some good use. I have hope that one day soon we will open our eyes to what we do with this planet and the people, animals and places on and in it. I hope that future generations will see more clearly what needs to be done and as I light my candles today I hope to stay forever hopeful for a bright future.

13 comments:

  1. That's a beautiful hope, Lyn. I think that my coming week is going to be very focused on Hope having read these Advent Pauses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a lovely post, Lyn! and your crochet owls are FAB
    advent blessings, Ang xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucy looks very content in the cosy candlelight. I bet she is hoping that you keep the fire on! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely post and lovely pic of Lucy
    Josie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely Advent post - very thoughtful and relevant.

    Pomona x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing your wonderful hopes Lyn.
    It's so nice to get to know you and your blog.

    Manka from Hungary

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful, peaceful photo ... and I love the wishes expressed in your post.

    Willow x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww that's lovely ... I'm still laughing about my poor Christmas pud ! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely Lyn. In answer to your question about rag rugging, I think a child of that age should be able to do it, maybe plaiting would be easier than crochet though?? XXX

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you, that was really lovely! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely post Lyn.
    The weather man forecast a bit more snow for you this week I think. Also had to take a day off work today as Young man has taken a turn for the worse - trip to the docs later for him. Have a lovely week - keep warm by that fire. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wish I could be optimist as you! I'm always very impressed by your lovely cats..aren't they scared of your camera? My dogs always run away when I try to take a picture of them!
    Have a great week! x

    ReplyDelete

****I love reading your comments and will always try to get back to you if you have a link to your email, I do not publish Anonymous comments. Also if you have nothing nice to say...please refrain and move on, Thanks*****